Thirty-five years ago Akai launched the first MPC (Music Production Center), and now after a run of incredible, game-changing devices, the company is celebrating its triple-and-a-half-decade with the launch of the MPC X Special Edition (SE).
More than just a snazzy update to celebrate a milestone, this is Akai’s most powerful MPC to date, boasting a quad-core processor, 4GB RAM, 48GB internal storage, 2 in/4 out MIDI connectivity, 10-inch adjustable touch screen, and 16 assignable Q Link knobs with OLEDs.
- Standalone MPC – No computer required
- MPC Plugin Collection- 20+ MPC Instruments
- 48GB Internal Storage (over 16GB for User Storage)
- 4GB RAM for Sampling and Audio Recording
- 100+ Insert Effects from AIR Music Tech
- Adjustable 10.1” Multi-Gesture Touch Screen
- 16 Assignable Q Link Knobs
- Iconic ‘Retro’ MPC Colorway
- Includes MPC 2 Desktop software for Mac and PC.
The 16 pad grid feature RGB backlit edges, pressure-sensitive response, ideal for tapping out rhythms, melodies or chords. There’s a large collection of on-board instruments including “Fabric XL” power-synth, stage piano, OPx4 FM synth, and more. Effects include stutter, granulator, half speed, AIR vocal effects, MotherDucker, AMP Sim, to name a few. The device can also be updated with additional plugin instruments like the Mini D synthesiser or Flavor Pro multi-effects processing unit, by browsing the MPC store and updating via Wi-Fi.
Available now with a RRP of $2,499.