Alesis has launched the Q61, a five-octave MIDI/USB controller keyboard capable of sending the basic MIDI control messages most musicians need. This makes it an ideal keyboard for those wanting to control other keyboards, sound modules and virtual instruments on a PC or Mac.
It doesn’t have all the bells, whistles and knobs of some of Alesis’s other controller keyboards but it does feature 61 touch sensitive keys, pitch and modulation wheels, an assignable data slider, octave buttons, sustain pedal input, and the ability to use the keys to send MIDI program change messages instead of note data.
Alesis Q61 Key Features
- 61-key keyboard controller for use with virtually any music software or MIDI device
- Velocity sensitive keys for expressive, musical performance
- USB MIDI and traditional MIDI for use with Mac, PC, and iOS devices* as well as MIDI hardware
- Pitch and Modulation wheels for increased musical expression
- Backlit Octave Up and Down buttons enable expanded musical range
- Assignable volume/data-entry slider enables you to control your most-used parameter
- Sustain pedal input for complete performance (pedal sold separately)
- Includes Ableton Live Lite Alesis Edition for recording, sequencing, and performing
- Bus powered via USB: no power cable needed
Alesis Q61 Specifications
- MIDI Outputs: one 5-pin jack
- USB: One slave connector (MIDI over USB)
- Power: USB bus powered; Optional Power Adapter: 9V DC 500mA, Pin Positive, 5.5mm outer diameter (sold separately)
Exact pricing and availability is to be confirmed.