G-Sonique Releases DARKPSY FX466 VST / AU Plug-in instrument
DarkPsy FX466 is VST / AU plug-in designed for Darkpsy / Forest / Psycore music production and can be used in various genres of psytrance from fullon to dark prog, as well as in completely different genres such as: film music, video-game music, dark ambient, neurofunk drum & bass intros, experimental, dark techno and many more.
- 130+ high quality multi-octave instruments with cass A audio interpolation/resampling.
- LFO Modulation with depth and rate knobs (modulates: volume/expression, panning, pitch)
- with triangle, sinus, square, saw, and exp shape
- Glide knob
- Space knob
- 3 modes: Polyphonic, Mono, Legato
- Amplitude envelope with attack, decay, sustain, release knobs
- Resampling quality selector
- Velocity curve selector
- Pitch bend knob
- Pan knob
- Possibility to load external bonus instrument (will be distributed to clients as special bonus)
- Multi sample hard drive disk-streaming / memory reading mode (for saving RAM capacity)
- High quality resampling / interpolation engine
- VSTi plug-in for Windows (available as x32 / x64bit VSTi instrument )
- AU Audio unit plugin and VST for Apple MAC OSX
Sequential OB-6 demoed
Not a brand new instrument but worth looking at this overview and demo of the Sequential OB-6 by Huw Jones at Musos Corner.
Korg WaveState – analog synth brass sound à la Toto in 6 minutes
In this Korg WaveState tutorial, Maik Schott shows step-by-step how to make a synth brass sound like a Toto brass sound in six minutes, and all without any wave sequences. He only uses single waveforms (internal multisamples).
40 Greatest Synth Sounds of All Time
Always subjective of course, but Music Radar has put together its list of the forty greatest synthesizer sounds of all time, based on the votes of readers. Included are the likes of Wendy Carlos, OMD, Enya, Axel F, Jon & Vangelis, Tangerine Dream, Daft Punk, Kraftwerk, Eurythmics and Jean-Michel Jarre. Do check it out.
UNO Synth Pro ? Fugue Machine App
Check out this short video featuring the analog UNO Synth Pro and Fugue Machine app.
Tips to Improve Your Rhythm on Piano (You Wish You Knew)
An in-depth look at how to accurately count and keep rhythm when playing piano (or any instrument really). Goes right back to the basics.
A simple journey to joy
Gwen Faulkenberry shares a story about how she nearly ducked out of her place in a piano concert, but that she pushed through and made people who care about her proud.
Classical pianist Cecile Licad to hold online show
Internationally acclaimed classical pianist Cecile Licad is set to hold an online performance next month.
The show, billed as “Amore: A Post-Valentine Hour with Cecile Licad in New York,” will be held on Zoom at 5 p.m. on February 22.
From the ballroom of The Lotos Club in New York, Licad will perform Frederic Chopin’s Études Op.10 No.3 in E major “Farewell L’ Adieu,” Ludwig van Beethoven’s Sonata No. 14 in C Sharp Minor (Moonlight Sonata), and Sergie Rachmaninoff’s Prelude op.32 No. 8 in a Minor, Prelude op.23 No.6 in E Flat Major, and Prelude op.23 No.5 in G Minor.