No sooner do you report on one DJ solution then another comes along. This is the Denon DN-MC6000 mixer and MIDI controller, featuring its own built-in sound card and a host of features to play with.
This top-of-the-line model boasts a solid steel chassis construction and quality sound, real-time channel matrix operation, slim tabletop design (also rack mountable) and 2in/2out audio interface.
Denon DN-MC6000 Key Features
- New, 3-way powerful audio/video-assignable cross fader (Audio, Audio/Video, Video)
- Newly designed, high-resolution 105-mm touch-sensitive jog wheel
- Smooth 100-mm long pitch slider with high 14-bit resolution
- Eight (4 + 4) hot cue/sampler buttons with dual bank selector key
- Auto loop button with Beat Jump (loop cut)
- Manual loop In/Out buttons
- Large-size Cue & PLAY buttons
- EFX controls, EFX keys and Parameter knobs
- Multiple GUI controls – Mixer, Video, Scratch, Sampler, REC, etc.
- Powerful Shift key – used for various dual-button operations
- Search keys, to advance around within a file
- Denon’s legacy “Pitch Bend” keys
- Vinyl and Pitch Bend Jog modes
- SYNC key for beat matching between decks
- Key Lock on/off button with LED confirmation
- Matrix Input Assignment selector knob
- Selectable PFL input gain and program meters
- Independent CUE system (all channels)
- Split Cue function with Cue/Master pan knob
- 45-mm Channel and Cross Faders
- Independent Channel A-B Thru switch (cross fader)
- Cross Fader contour adjustment
- Master Output stereo/mono switch
- Booth Output with Source Selector and level control
- Mic 3-band EQ (High-Mid-Low) for mics 1 and 2
- Mic Ducking and built-in Echo Effect for mics 1 and 2
- MIDI-mappable control surface (faders, knobs and buttons) for other DJ applications
Inputs include two RCA/Phono lines, one XLR Mic/quarter-inch one quarter-inch TRS Mic jack, and two RCA AUX inputs.
Outputs include balanced master XLR, unbalanced master RCA, quarter-inch TRS booth/send out, RCA record out, and stereo headphone out.
The DN-MC6000 also has a USB Audio in/out selectable routing switch and a Kensington lock security feature. The unit measures 18.1″ x 2″ x 10″ without rack ears. Power input is AC 100V – 240V, 50/60 Hz, and output is DC 12V, 3A.
AC adaptor power supply and 1.5-meter USB cable are included, and the unit also features a green, energy-saving ECO standby mode.
Available in the US this Fall with a RRP of $949.99 but available for less.