EarWizard is an app designed to train your ear into recognising and recalling musical chords. It’s modelled on the “Simon” game, in that you have to repeat back an increasingly long sequence of music chords.
The app has been developed by Jordan Rudess and Felipe Peña. Features include:
- Three levels – Easy, Normal and Hard
- Start with three chords in a key and go up to seven!
- Features fun Jordan videos playing each chord
- Five different diatonic modes-presented in three keys
- Endless Mode for continuos play in any level
- Speed control-Slow to Lightspeed
- Chart that allows you to hear and see the note spelling of all chords in the selected key
- Wizardly video rewards
The developers are promising Game Center support plus additional videos and sounds in future updates. The app is free to try but there’s a $2.99 in-app purchase option to unlock all the content.