Akai Professional has just launched its iMPC app for iOS devices, offering them a virtual music production environment based on Akai’s hardware controllers.
It comes with over 600 samples, 47 editable programs and 80 editable sequences, and features an exclusive iMPC sound set plus classic Akai Professional sound library.
Users can create their own audio samples by using their Apple device’s built-in microphone, line-in, or their music library. Sound parameters can be controlled by movement of the iPhone/iPad itself.
Here’s the full feature list:
- More than 600 samples, 47 editable programs, and 80 editable sequences
- Exclusive iMPC sound set and classic Akai Professional sound library
- Sample from iPhone mic, line-in, or music library using multi-touch turntable interface
- Exciting “3D Perform” controls — use your iPhone’s motion sensors to control parameters!
- Export tracks to MPC Software for use with MPC Renaissance and MPC Studio
- In-app SoundCloud community, powered by CloudSeeder
- Share on SoundCloud, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, or export to your computer
- 16 Levels mode: 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
- Note Variation slider: adjust attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
- Trim and categorize samples, undo takes and erase samples
- Create new sequences, record and overdub beats
- Live Sequence queuing for real-time performance and playback
- Simple drag and drop program creation
- Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
- Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing
- Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing, with latch
- AudioCopy beats and sequences to compatible apps
- AudioPaste samples from compatible apps
It costs $2.99 and is available now from the iTunes Store.