Number of Keys: 88
Key Weight: Piano
Key Size: Full
Number of Voices: 301
Sound Generation: Authe
Real World Sounds:
The SP7 is designed upon our new synthesis platform A.T.S.T. and marks a new era in Kurzweil technology. Built around our custom semiconductor, A.T.S.T. features high fidelity audio, streamlined sound programming and boasts near seamless velocity layer transitions.
256 voices of polyphony.
The SP7 offers 512 multi presets organized into 13 categories and features our German “D” 9 ft. Concert Grand derived from the K2700.
Fueled by the German 9′ grand piano samples found in our flagship K2700 workstation, the SP7 A.T.S.T. engine provides significant advances in realism through support of higher resolution audio, smooth velocity transitions and a 2x oversampling filter.
The SP7 pianos are further enhanced by the use of both string and pedal resonance modeling, envelope/velocity controlled key-off samples as well as half-damper* pedaling, together delivering a heightened piano performance experience (* half-damper pedal sold separately).
21 effect algorithms are available to enhance the SP7 Grand’s rich sound, including reverb, BPM-synced delay, chorus, flange, compression, various distortion types, rotary speaker, tremolo, wah-wah and EQ.
Navigate the SP7 via its elegant 480 x 282 pixel, high resolution, 4.3″ color LCD touch screen.
The 2-in-2 out 24 bit/48 kHz audio interface easily connects to your Mac/PC via USB. Mix with the various effects on the SP7 to create new sounds. Loopback functionality further expands the production capabilities.
Express yourself and enhance your performances using the SP7's programmable pitch/mod joystick, 8 knobs, 8 buttons, 2 switch pedal inputs and continuous control pedal input. Customize the colors of the various front panel knobs and buttons to suit your style and application.
Dedicated -/+ transpose controls conveniently located on the left front panel.
- Keyboard: 88-note, fully-weighted hammer-action with velocity sensitive keys
- Display: 480 x 282 pixel, high resolution 4.3″ color LCD touch screen
- Enclosure Material: Lightweight reinforced plastic
- Enclosure Color: Black or White
- Polyphony: 256
- Multitimbral: 16 parts (one per MIDI channel)
- Architecture: A.T.S.T. – Authentic Timbre Synthesis Technology
- Featuring fixed PCM subtractive with variable filter and 2x oversampling state variable 96 kHz filter
- Factory Samples: 2 GB
- Factory Programs: 301
- Factory Multis: 512
- User Multis: 128
- Favorites: 64
- Multi Zones: 16
- General MIDI: GM2
- Piano String Resonance: Yes
- Piano Damper Resonance: Yes
- Master EQ: 4-Band
- Aux FX Busses: 2
- Insert Effects: Reverb: 6 Algorithms
- Modulation: BPM-Sync’d Delay, Chorus/Flanger, Rotary Speaker, Vibrato, Tremolo, Auto Wah-Wah
- Dynamic: Compression, Noise Gate
- Distortion: Dist/Ovd/Tube/Fuzz, Bit Crusher
- EQ: 4-Band, Hi/Low Shelf, Peak/Notch, Hi/Low Pass
- Vocal Pitch Correction: Yes / Automatic
- Vocal Harmony Generation: 4-Part
- Controllers: 1 Pitch/Mod Joystick
- 8 Knobs
- 8 Buttons
- 2 Transpose switches
- 2 Switch pedal inputs; supports a single half-damper pedal (1 switch/sustain pedal is included; half-damper pedals sold separately)
- 1 Continuous Control Pedal Input (pedal sold separately)
- Arpeggiator: 8 – Hybrid-Arpeggiators
- System Sample Rate: 48kHz (max 192 kHz)
- System Bit Rate: 48 bit (fixed point)
- Analog Inputs: 2 XLR-1/4″ balanced combi
- Analog Outputs: Main: 2, 1/4″ TRS balanced
- Monitor: 2, 1/4″ TRS balanced
- Headphone: 1 back panel 1/4″ headphone output
- MIDI: In, Out
- USB MIDI: 1 Type B port
- USB Audio Interface: 2-In/2-Out; 24-bit/48kHz
- Software Editor: External Macro Synthesis Editor (coming soon)
- OS Updates: via USB (Engine firmware), via SD card (GUI firmware)
- Accessories: Included: power cable, switch pedal, USB cable, 1/4″ TRS cable
- Sold separately: sheet music rack
- Height: 5.8″ (14.8 cm)
- Depth: 15.1″ (38.4 cm)
- Length: 53.2″ (135 cm)
- Weight: 27.6 lb (12.5 kg)
- Power: External 15VDC 2.5A Power Supply