A new slim-line ARIUS with authentic piano quality
The design of YDP-S51 is derived from that of an upright piano both visually and ergonomically. Key elements for the pianist such as the music rest and pedals are precisely located to achieve a comfortable playing position while the key cover mechanism features the gentle, soft-close action found on many traditional pianos. This attention to detail, combined with Yamaha's renowned piano technology, will provide you with many years of enjoyment.
A rich piano sound to satisfy your expressiveness
The piano sound is created by Yamaha's "Pure CF Sound Engine", the same technology which has earned high praise in the renowned Clavinova range. Put simply, it lets you enjoy a playing response and expressive capability beyond your expectation of a digital piano. 128 note polyphony ensures that YDP-S51 can handle demanding repertoire, even in complex passages, without losing notes.
YDP-S51 features Yamaha's latest sound engineering technology, "Acoustic Optimizer"
How can the incredible sound of YDP-S51 be produced from such a compact instrument? The answer is "Acoustic Optimizer", a new technology which is unique to Yamaha. The "Acoustic Optimizer" system has been created to enrich and control resonance by physically adjusting the flow of sound waves, thanks to its design and positioning within the instrument. The combination of Acoustic Optimizer and digital technologies gives YDP-S51 an incredible expressive capability.
Natural touch with Graded Hammer (GH) keyboard
YDP-S51 is the first slim-line ARIUS piano to feature a Graded Hammer (GH) Keyboard. Yamaha has used its heritage and know-how in piano manufacturing to achieve a keyboard that offers a natural feel with expressive playability. This is achieved by the subtle weight variations from the low end of the keyboard, which is heavier to the touch, while the action becomes gradually lighter as you move towards the higher notes.
Three pedals for precise control
YDP-S51 features three sturdy metal pedals. Half-pedalling capability, together with the Damper Resonance function give fine control to the player and replicate the delicate nuances of an acoustic piano.
Convenient features to support your daily practice and development
- Intelligent Acoustic Control For pianists who want to practice quietly, this function automatically adjusts the sound so that you can still experience a balanced, rich tone even at low volumes. For silent practice, a headphone connection socket is provided
- Duo Mode This new performance mode enables you to split the keyboards into two with the same register. As both players can use sustain pedals during this mode, it is very convenient for lesson and duet playing.
- 2 track recording The built-in memory enables you to record your performance. You can even record a song in two parts, allowing you to play piano duets all by yourself. - Metronome function For effective practice, the accurate tempo of a metronome is essential. You can also use the metronome function while recording.
- USB to HOST The USB TO HOST port enables the transfer of information between your ARIUS and a suitably-equipped computer.
- Eco-friendly auto power off function After 30 minutes of inactivity the instrument will automatically power off to save energy.
No Frequently Asked Questions to show.
Have your own question about the Yamaha ARIUS YDP-S51? Email us and we'll research it for you.
No resources to show.