I found a link to “America’s Favourite Female Pianist” Lorie Line.
As well as her biography, family life, and photographs, there are some interesting practice and performance tips that anyone could take on board.
Lorie writes Tips and tricks on how to keep your interest level up while practicing which include:
- Practicing when you are fresh (not sure this is always in the morning!)
- Invest in a good piano bench.
- Use good lighting.
- Start at the end of the piece rather than the beginning – it tends to get less practiced.
- Finish practice time on a song you absolutely love.
- Create your own style.
- Play from within.
She also gives some performance tips:
- First and last impressions are important.
- Choose to perform pieces slightly under your top ability.
- Nerves are good – controlled nerves are better.
- Think about something personally meaningful as you perform.
- Practice! (not sure I totally agree that you can’t over-practice)
A nice site including some good advice.