KORG is celebrating 20 years of the classic microKORG with the launch of the special edition microKORG Crystal. As the name suggests, this reincarnation of the classic microKORG features a ‘skeleton’ type semi-translucent chassis with matching knobs and controls, meaning you can see right into and through the instrument to the electronics and internals.
It features a stainless mirror-finish front panel which blends with the semi-translucent controls, plus aluminium side panels for a sturdy feel.
It even comes with a a dedicated carry bag — made from transparent vinyl of course — so your microKORG is shown off at all times.
The specifications are the same as the original microKORG, namely:
- Sound Generation Method: Analog Modeling Synthesis System
- Synthesizer Program: Multi Timbral: 2 (max, Split/Dual Mode)
- Voices: 4 voices
- Sound Source: 2 Oscillator + Noise Generator, Multi Mode Filter(-24dB/octLPF,-12dB/oct LPF/BPF/HPF), EG×2, LFO×2, Virtual Patch×4
- Vocoder Program: Voices: 4 voices, Sound Source: 1 Oscillator +Noise Generator, EG×1, LFO×2, 8 Channels vocoder, Level and pan of each channel can be edited, Formant Shift function
- Programs: 128 programs
- Effects: Modulation effects (3 types), Delay (3 types), Equalizer
- Arpeggiator: 6 types
- Controllers: Real-Time control knob X 4 (3 level Selection), Arpeggio ON/OFF
- Keyboards: 37 Keys (mini-keyboard, keyboard has velocity)
- Inputs: AUDIO IN 1,2, Level switch LINE/MIC, [AUDIO IN 1, 2 (LINE) ], [AUDIO IN 2 (MIC)]
- Outputs: L/MONO, R, Headphones
- MIDI: IN, OUT, THRU
- Display: 3 characters×1 line with 8 segment LED
- Power Supply: DC 9 V (AC adapter), or six AA alkaline batteries (sold separately)
- Power Consumption: 6.4 W (MAX)
- Dimensions: (W) x (D) x (H) / 524 x 232 x 70mm/20.63″ x 9.13″ x 2.76″
Currently available to preorder for $529.99.