Roland introduces its latest compact, more easily transportable digital piano, the RD-64.
The ’64’ in the title refers to 64 keys — three more than the common five-octave (61 key) keyboards but featuring weighted Ivory Feel-G technology for a more authentic playing feel.
SuperNATURAL technology offers up a dozen realistic tones most often needed by the gigging keyboard player — acoustic pianos, electric pianos, organs and other keyboard instruments such as clavs.
The RD-64 also doubles as a versatile MIDI controller keyboard, and is designed to come into its own when paired with one of Roland’s modules or synths such as the INTEGRA-7, JUPITER 50 or JUPITER 80.
At a glance features:
- Grand piano sound and weighted keyboard action in a compact, mobile instrument
- SuperNATURAL Piano sound engine delivers authentic, expressive acoustic piano sounds
- E. Piano based on SuperNATURAL technology provides vintage electric pianos modeled with extraordinary accuracy
- 12 versatile tones onboard, including clav and organ sounds
- 64-note Ivory Feel-G Keyboard with Escapement for a pro-quality piano touch
- Streamlined design that’s light and easy to carry
- Two-band EQ and reverb, plus two multi-effects (EFX 1, EFX 2) for each tone category
- Controller mode* provides MIDI master keyboard functionality, including a dedicated, one-touch setup for controlling SuperNATURAL tones in the INTEGRA-7 sound module and JUPITER-80/-50 synthesizers
- Pitch bend/mod lever and D-BEAM
- iPad compatibility via Apple’s iPad Camera Connection Kit
Being demonstrated at this year’s NAMM show, full specifications, pricing and availability will be announced in due course.