Based on its “Itch and Scratch” DJing software, Serato has announced the more entry-level DJ Intro software aimed at budding hobbyist DJs who still need decent control over their music mixes.
The two-deck software is free to download but needs pairing with a compatible controller such as Numark’s MixDeck/MixTrack or Vestax’s Typhoon/VCI-100 Mk II.
Features include sync, five cue points and a sample player which can load up to four short samples. A bank of basic chain-able effects (three for each deck) include reverb, filter and delay.
- Two tracks can be mixed simultaneously using traditional DJ controls – scratch, nudge, pitch bend, EQ.
- Serato Sync locks tracks together for seamless grooves.
- Serato Crates make audio file management easy and advanced iTunes integration gives you instant access of personal library and playlist information.
- Cue points allow you to quickly access specific parts of songs.
- Loops repeat selected sections and can create new intros, outros and extended mixes.
- DJ-FX will enhance any DJ set, allowing you to color songs and create unique sounding transitions.
- The Sample Player can play up to four short samples, audio loops, sound effects or full length tracks in addition to the two tracks you’re mixing.
- Plug-and-Play connectivity makes it simple and fast to setup your supported Serato DJ Intro controller, computer and software and start DJing.