Are you fed up with trailing MIDI leads? IF so, the CME WIDI unit could be for you.
The WIDI X-8 is a full duplex wireless system for MIDI and USB communication.
Ã¢â‚¬Å“Wireless technology is everywhere and CME has finally brought wireless MIDI technology to a price that any musician can afford,Ã¢â‚¬? states Athan Billias, Director of Marketing for Technology Products at Yamaha. Ã¢â‚¬Å“The creative applications for the WIDI system are endless.Ã¢â‚¬?
The WIDI X-8 is a great way to clean up long MIDI cable runs or extend USB connections. The two units communicate over a wireless 2.4GHz ISM license-free band up to 262 feet of unobstructed space. Also able to communicate through walls and floors, the WIDI X-8Ã¢â‚¬â„¢s 64 available channels mean up to 64 pairs can run at the same time within your home, studio or stage, making connections faster and easier.
- Operates on 2.4GHz ISM license-free band
- Transmission range up to 262 feet (unobstructed)
- Low power consumption, high speed, error correction ability
- Built-in USB MIDI interface
- Bi-directional MIDI communication (MIDI in/out)
- Up to 64 pairs can be operating at the same time via 64 channels
- Three operating modes (USB/RF, MIDI/RF, USB/MIDI)
- OS X and Windows XP class-compliant for plug-and-play
- Powered by 2 Ã¢â‚¬ËœAAÃ¢â‚¬â„¢ size batteries, AC power adapter (DC 5V) or USB bus-powered
Available from August 2006.