Yamaha has unveiled its NP-30 Portable Digital Grand Piano, featuring 76 Graded Soft Touch piano-style keys and AWM (Advanced Wave Memory) stereo-sampled piano voices, weighing just 12 pounds, and able to operate on six AA batteries or a power adaptor.
With an emphasis on portability, the Graded Soft Touch keys are lighter than the GHS (Graded Hammer Standard) and GHE (Graded Hammer Effect) actions found on Yamaha’s heavier, larger digital pianos. They’re still graded in weight, though, with the heavier keys in the bass.
Yamaha NP-30 Portable Digital Grand Piano Specifications
- Number of keys: 76, Graded Soft Touch mechanism
- Touch Response: Hard, Medium, Soft, Fixed
- Number of Voices: 10
- Polyphony: 32
- Reverb: 4 types
- Layer: 2 voices
- Preset Songs: 10 voice demos, 10 piano repertoire
- Metronome: 32-280bpm
- Transpose: +/- 6 semitones
- Tuning: A 427-453Hz
- MIDI: Multi-timbre 16 parts
- Jacks: Headphone, MIDI In/Out, Half-damper compatible sustain pedal
- Amplifier: 6W x 2 (stereo)
- Speakers: 4.7″ x 2.3″
- Body Colour: Black
- Weight: 12lbs
- Dimensions: 49″ x 10.2″ x 4″
- RRP: Around US$300
Get more information on our Yamaha NP-30 portable digital grand piano information page.