The classic Beyer piano instruction books make their way to Apple’s mobile devices courtesy of the My Piano Lite app.
Now it’s possible to watch and learn from the Beyer 1 book for free:
“My Piano” remembers the lesson you were practicing last time and automatically jumps up to this lesson when you start the application.
You may also want to train on a specific part of the lesson. You can set starting/end points and use the repeat functionality in order to practice this part over and over.
Lessons are faithful to the Beyer score with no variations.
The sound is recorded live by dedicated teachers.
For each lesson you can select the demonstration which is the lesson played normally, you may also select to hear it played slowly, or to hear only the left or right hand.
1. Plays automatically
My Piano remembers the lesson you were practicing last time and automatically starts playing it when you open the application.
2. Select the lesson mode
4 lesson modes are available:
- Demo : the model, the lesson played normally.
- Slowly : tempo of about 60% of the model track (both hands)
- Right hand : tempo of about 80% of the model track (right hand only)
- Left hand : tempo of about 80% of the model track (left hand only)
Note: For some lessons only 3 modes are available.
3. Lock a lesson to practice it over and over
Use the “lock” button in order to lock a lesson and prevent the application from going to the next lesson. When you re-open the application, the locked lesson will start playing automatically.
Use the repeat button in order to repeat this lesson over and over.
4. Select a part of the lesson to practice repeatedly
Sometimes you may want to practice only a part of the lesson, simply specify the start point (A) and end point (B) while listening to the music.
Use the repeat button in order to repeat this part over and over.
Note: This setting is lost when the iPhone/iPad is turned off.
5. Animated piano keyboard
While the music is being played, enjoy the animated piano keys. The animation does not reproduce the music being played.
6. Select your own background picture
You can hide the interface (lesson list, animated piano keyboard..) and enjoy the background picture. You may use one of the three provided pictures, or you may upload your favourite pictures using the file sharing feature in iTunes. You may switch between pictures using the provided buttons or using the flick gesture.
7. Additional Features
We tried to make the interface as simple as possible so that you may concentrate on your piano practice.
- You can start over from the beginning by taping on the lesson mode button.
- In order to ease your practice, we have added a metronome sound. For the model track there is no metronome sound, except for the first Beyer lessons.
- All our lessons have been recorded by an experienced piano teacher.
8. Difference between the free version and paid version
The interface and functionalities are exactly same.
The free version contains only 3 lessons: Beyer No.17, No.49, No.89 (track 3)