Nopia is a prototype/MK1 MIDI controller primarily focused on tonal harmony, which describes chords in Western scales in relation to a tonal centre. A chord builder in Nopia combines notes in a specific key to create both simple and more complex chords, as well as associated complementing notes for a baseline. It also has an arpeggiator, looper, and synth functions, and pairs well over MIDI with the likes of Ableton and other DAWs.
It has quite an unusual look with plenty of controls for manipulation.
- Responsive Pads and Keys: The Nopia Midi boasts velocity-sensitive pads and keys, ensuring a responsive playing experience. This feature is crucial for musicians who require expressive dynamics in their performances.
- Extensive Control Options: With 12 keys and 12 pads, the Nopia Midi offers an impressive range of control options. These assignable controls can be customized to suit your specific needs, allowing you to manipulate various parameters in your music software with ease.
- Versatile Connectivity: The Nopia Midi provides a range of connectivity options, including USB, MIDI, and Bluetooth. This versatility allows you to connect the controller to a wide array of devices, from computers to tablets and smartphones.
- Tonal Harmony is the principle on which Nopia functions, describing the language of chords in relation to a tonal center.
- The chord builder in Nopia combines notes in a specific key to create chords, with simple and complex versions available.
- Nopia consists of different modules such as bass, arpeggiator, synth, and looper, each contributing to the overall functionality.
- The device can be linked to various synths and software like Ableton, allowing for different MIDI information routing and performance/composing capabilities.
- When it comes to performance, the Nopia Midi shines. The velocity-sensitive pads and keys offer a highly responsive playing experience, accurately capturing the nuances of your performance. The pads are also backlit, making them easy to see in dimly lit environments, which is particularly useful for live performances.
- The Nopia Midi features an intuitive interface that is easy to navigate, even for beginners. The layout is well-organized, with clearly labeled buttons and knobs, making it simple to understand and use. The inclusion of a user manual provides additional guidance for those who may be new to MIDI controllers.
- Sleek Design and Sturdy Build: The Nopia Midi controller’s modern design and sturdy construction make it visually appealing and durable for long-term use.
- Responsive Pads and Keys: The velocity-sensitive pads and keys provide an expressive playing experience, allowing musicians to capture the dynamics of their performances accurately.
- Extensive Control Options: With 12 keys and pads, the Nopia Midi offers a wide range of assignable controls for precise manipulation of parameters in music software.
Can currently be preordered for $900. Product page