Roland has updated its RD line of digital stage pianos with the introduction of the RD-800.
Roland claims the RD-800 not only has a new, sleek look but also “many improvements in sound, feel, and versatility”.
Sound-wise, Roland has added more acoustic piano samples, plus authentic vintage electric pianos, organs, synth and other sounds designed to enhance live performance. Over 1,100 sounds in fact.
Also added is the Tone Color function knob which allows for dramatic sound manipulation in a single control.
The 88-key keyboard features the top-of-line PHA-4 concert keyboard with escapement and ebony/ivory feel.
Live Sets can be stored for quick recall in a performance environment.
The onboard Piano Designer lets you easily adjust overall tonal elements with familiar piano-oriented parameters such as string resonance, key-off resonance, hammer noise, and many others. Even deeper control is available with Individual Note Voicing, which allows you to adjust the pitch, level, and tonal character independently for all 88 notes. In addition to personal tone shaping, this unique voicing option is also useful for balancing the overall piano sound to perfectly suit the venue you’re performing in.
- Professional stage piano with the acclaimed SuperNATURAL Piano engine plus many other top Roland sounds and features
- Choose from a wide selection of acoustic pianos voiced for live playing, including a new Concert Grand tone derived from the V-Piano Grand, upright tones, and more
- Newly enhanced SuperNATURAL-based electric pianos and clavs with authentic vintage sound and feel
- Over 1100 additional sounds for versatility on stage, including Virtual Tone Wheel organs, vintage keys, modern synths, and many others
- Roland’s top-of-the-line PHA-4 Concert Keyboard with Escapement and Ebony/Ivory Feel, equipped with the latest touch-detection technology
- Intuitive interface designed for easy operation while performing, with fast access to essential functions such as tone layering, keyboard split point, and more
- Manipulate sounds quickly on stage via dedicated controls for Live Set selection, part levels, Modulation FX, Tremolo, Amp Simulator, and more
- Tone Color knob provides complex tonal manipulation in real time with a single control
- Color LCD and panel knobs with LED indicators provide easy visibility on dark stages
- WAV recording/song playback and user memory backup with optional USB flash memory
- Master MIDI keyboard controller features; four external pedal connections (Damper, FC1, FC2, and EXT)
- 1/4-inch and balanced XLR stereo output jacks; convenient 1/8-inch stereo input for connecting a music player or other device
- Sleek, durable design with reduced weight for easier transport
Get a full description at Roland Connect.