Acoustic drums are versatile and authentic, and many drummers wouldn’t contemplate using a complete electronic rig. That said, there’s sometimes room for expanding repertoire by using triggers to augment playing with digital sounds and effects. Other musicians in a band can have some control over this, but when the drummer keeps full control it can lead to a tighter, more “together” performance.
The Roland TM-2 Trigger Module is designed to give drummers additional flexibility without sacrificing the basic acoustic vibe.
Small and battery powered, each TM-2 allows two pad or drum trigger inputs to be used. Triggers can be used to set off a range of high quality sounds, multi-effects, custom WAV audio sounds, loops, backing tracks stored on SDHC memory cards.
- Compact trigger module for acoustic drummers looking to enhance their kits with electronic percussion
- Over 100 ready-to-play professional sounds, ranging from acoustic drums and percussion to modern electronic instruments
- Includes many sounds and tonal elements designed for layering with acoustic drums, providing enhanced, high-impact sounds for playing live drums through a PA system
- Suitable for all genres, from rock and metal to electronic music
- SDHC card slot lets users trigger their own WAV sounds stored on SDHC media, from one-shot samples and loop phrases to complete backing tracks
- Two trigger inputs that support both single- and dual-trigger pads
- Simple and intuitive user interface for creating and selecting kits
- Process kits with powerful effects such as reverb, flanger, delay, and more
- Compatible with Roland RT-series acoustic drum triggers and Roland percussion pads, including the BT-1 Bar Trigger Pad, KT-10 Kick Trigger Pedal, V-Pads, and V-Cymbals
- Powered by batteries or included AC adapter; runs for up to four hours on four AA-size batteries
- Included mounting plate allows the TM-2 to be attached to a hi-hat stand or drum rack with a standard multi-clamp
- MIDI I/O for triggering sounds in external sound modules, capturing MIDI data in music software, and playing the TM-2 from other devices
Exact pricing and availability to be concerned.